Oh, The Prodigal father is the role model?

 The prodigal father is the role model I should follow now? Maybe always, but it's too late for that. But maybe now?

He did not yell at his son while his son was destroying his life. But presumably he devoted himself to having a landing pad if his son decided to come back to his Humanity. I will imagine that the prodigal father worked hard at that in prayer that his son would come home.

This is quite a different model from what I've been following. But I think it is right that it is my best way to serve.

I have found the world not only unwilling to hear the truth, but passionately averse to the truth anywhere between aggressively toward me, and inwardly aggressive to every tool of denial. I have shouted with as much strength, cell sacrifice, dignity as a human being can muster trying to alert my fellow human beings, near death hunger strikes and the like:

  • Extermination of the Palestinians
  • Exploitation of the Iranians
  • Incineration, final exploitation of our home Earth
  • Abandonment of the neediest Among Us, our self-serving handouts of food with a healthy dose of poison, being the enabling of self-destructive habits.
  • Etc.... 

And I must not serve to strengthen those reflexes.

Maybe that wisdom which I have lacked was guiding the footsteps of the prodigal father. I think that's the right lesson for me to take from this. Do I have the fortitude to follow it? We'll see.



Comments