Why would I not put myself in front of you five times a day?
In my imagination of course. Approximating the kingdom of God within me. Why wouldn't I do that? In this world of near total insanity why would I think that I would not be more useful to the world if five times a day I brought myself in front of you to review what I've been doing and to contemplate how I can better help? The practitioner is not the Vine. If the practitioner is the vine the practitioner is nothing. The fruit is not the vine or the roots. It is a tiny, but important part of the healthy tree.
And I don't mean in my uninformed imagination. That's christianity. I mean in the capacities built within me with my many many thousands of hours of marinating in your words, a practice that is ongoing everyday. The great practitioner may have brilliant spontaneity which is the tiniest of green shoot out of thousands or hundreds of thousands of hours of discipline preparation.



Comments
Post a Comment