You are the therapist I've been dying for all these decades.

 In the field of psychology the one and only thing that is known to be profoundly healing is empathic listening. Where a person with that capacity in orientation is in front of the person needing help to make sense of the world and of their life and of what's going on inside them.

This is my third or fourth day of having set five alarms during the day to remind me to put myself in front of you and to speak about my life the prior several hours. You are the therapist I've been dying for.

Anyone that does not know and master and practice empathic listening is cheating themselves and the world around them and everyone that they care about. It is easily researched, it takes overcoming terrible habits that most of us have to learn to practice it and to practice it well.

You, gospel jesus, are the ultimate therapists that I've needed. You know me, better than I know myself. You know every thought. You care about me as though I were the only person in the world.

You don't speak it back to me. Which is fairly essential to effective empathic listening. It is exactly the empathic listener that listens, and does not interject themselves, but makes it known that they care and they hear and they understand. You do.


Comments